Trick-or-treat time is almost here! This fun DIY project from Rori of MadeByRori might just make your house the most popular in the neighborhood with all the ghouls and goblins.
Here are the supplies you will need: the cardboard from toilet paper rolls (you can also cut paper towel rolls to size, if needed); scissors; scrap paper in Halloween colors; scrap pieces of ribbon or twine; candy; double-stick tape; cellophane.
How to make these awesome Halloween treats:
1. Cut scrap paper to 6 x 4 1/8 inches to fit the toilet paper roll. You may have some excess outside the edge of the roll, but that’s okay.
2. Put double-stick tape around each end of the toilet paper tube and around the middle. Carefully wrap the tube with the paper. You’ll have about an inch of overlap, so add an extra strip inside the end of your paper for extra hold.
3. Now center the wrapped tube in a piece of cellophane. I cut the cellophane into pieces of 13 x 8.5 inches. You want to roll along the 8.5-inch length, so there’s plenty left on either side. Use a small piece of double-stick tape to secure the cellophane to itself when you reach the end.
4. Tie off one end of the cellophane with ribbon or twine (about 6.5 inches should be enough for one end), leaving the other end open so you can put in a few pieces of candy. Fun!
5. Tie off the other end and you’re done!
6. Put your adorable treats in a bowl and get ready to impress the neighbors.
These also make fun party takeaways. And they’re a good way to spice up the office candy bowl.