Want to make a thoughtful handmade Valentine's Day card for someone special (or you waited till the last minute and there are zero cards left at the store?) We have a fun and easy tutorial for you today!
Cardstock - folded in half
Heart cut out of a piece of paper
Embroidery floss in your choice of color (or go crazy with several!)
- Take your heart cutout and trace it lightly on the front of your card - use a pencil for this part
- Using your embroidery needle poke holes around the heart tracing - be sure to space them out. For the heart on the left you will also need to poke a hole in the center of the heart.
- Once all the holes have been made, erase the pencil tracing. Select your embroidery floss color.
- Starting from the top of the heart start making big stitches from each hole to the center.
- Keep working your way around the heart. You can change colors part way through too.
- Once complete, tie a knot on the back side of the card to secure the floss and write a message of your choice!
Instead of making stitches through the center you can randomly make stitches all around the hear for a more abstract look, or do lines straight across for a clean look.
Happy Valentine's Day!