Hi readers! Back to school time is here, and Etsy Dallas is hosting our annual school supply drive for Girls Incorporated of Metropolitan Dallas. Bring some pencils, crayons, notebooks and meet us at NorthPark Center on August 13, 2016 from 1:00 to 5:00pm. Our members will be teaching some fun kid friendly crafts, and spreading awareness for an important local cause. Check out the video below. We hope to see you there!
I hope you are having a fun and creative Summer! It is such a great time to collect, refocus, plan and dream. Etsy Dallas would love to help you get your shop in tip top shape for the upcoming holiday season! Check out the classes below, connect with us on Facebook, and let's work together to get people pumped about shopping small in DFW!
Want to make a difference in a young girl's life? Join Etsy Dallas at the 2nd Annual Crafts for Crayons event on Saturday, August 1st, at the NorthPark Center.
For a donation of school or art supplies, you can have a fun afternoon crafting away with your friends or kids. And bonus - you get to take your crafts with you when you leave!
You can find us in the NorthCourt between Nordstrom and Macy's from 1-5 pm - it's sure to be a blast!
All donations will benefit Girls, Inc. of Metropolitan Dallas, a philanthropy whose goal is to empower girls to be come strong, smart, and bold women who positively contribute to our communities and who understand, value, and assert their rights. Girls, Inc. teaches leadership and gives girls the tools to change their situation.
Their programming includes such activities as:
- STEM-centric summer camps (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics);
- After-school programs with focuses including tutoring, self defense, leadership, and health; and
- Year-round programs, including one-on-one mentoring and college tour trips.
So please come and join us for what is guaranteed to be a great afternoon of camaraderie, crafting, and community improvement - we can't wait!
Etsy Dallas is excited to announce what we hope will become an annual event to benefit Girls Incorporated of Metropolitan Dallas. We have some fun make-and-take crafts planned, and we are collecting donated school and art supplies (or cash). All donations go to Girls Inc.
Did you know?
- 1 in 3 children in Dallas cannot afford basic school supplies
- Across the country teachers spend $500 each year out of their own pockets to buy school supplies for their students
- Back-to-school time is very stressful for many families who cannot afford school supplies
- You can help